Friday, February 15, 2008

Drobo, transfer speed and backup workflow



Some photographers were commenting on my post about the Drobo I did some time ago. They were mainly pointing out that its transfer speed is to slow and the lack of Firewire 800 or an ethernet interface. So I updated the post with my own experience. Read it **HERE**.

If you are interested in a really bullet-proof backup workflow you should read these posts on the blog of famous sport and lifestyle photographer Chase Jarvis:

How To Back Up Your Photography: The Basics
Storage And Backup Solutions For Your Photography

That's the best I ever read about backing up your valuable images and I implemented the ideas in my own workflow. Of course it has to be customized to your own needs, but the basic ideas behind are the important thing.

Is YOUR valuable data safe?

No comments: