Thursday, January 3, 2008

Now it's getting complicated



Effective January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) will no longer allow loose lithium batteries in checked baggage.

These new rules affect nearly anybody traveling by plane because lithium batteries are used in laptops, digital cameras, video cameras, cellphones etc. So make sure you know the rules before you fly if you don't want to let your lithium batteries at the airport.

What it exactly means you can find out on the website of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and on the website of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).

Have a safe trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel! I visited your web site and your blog too... very nice pictures! I am also a Photographer, my name is Silvia. If you like you can take a look on my web site(www.silviacoluccelli.com) or my blog(silviacoluccelli.blogspot.com)
I saw your wedding pictures I also make wedding pictures eventhough I don' t show them on my website yet.
Bye bye Silvia