Tuesday, November 27, 2007

JOIN (RED)



Maybe you noticed that I added recently a BLOG (RED) logo on the right side of this blog. What's this for, may you ask?

PRODUCT (RED) is a business model and was founded by Bono (U2) and Bobby Shriver. I better let them explain what (RED) is about:

"(RED) was created [...] to raise awareness and money for The Global Fund by teaming up with the world's most iconic brands to produce (PRODUCT) RED branded products. A percentage of each (PRODUCT) RED product sold is given to The Global Fund. The money helps women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa."

At the moment only big companies like Apple, Motorola, GAP, Armani and some others are allowed to sell official (PRODUCT) RED products. Otherwise I would think about creating a (PRODUCT) RED product for Daniel Zihlmann Photography.

But it's also possible that you directly donate to The Global Fund. Just follow ***this link*** and you can make a donation to fight "AIDS in Africa, inspired by (RED)" and your money will help the same as if you did buy a (PRODUCT) RED!

I'm not rich but I know that I still live a great life with a lot of opportunities. I live in a nice country without war, have a good education, a flat to stay, good health insurance, enough to eat and can follow my dreams.

In 1999 I worked for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and traveled to Congo-Brazzaville in Africa to portrait victims of the civil war. You can view the portraits on my website www.danielzihlmann.com in the GALLERIES section.

I portrayed children that lost their parents while they tried to escape the fights between the rebels and the soldiers. While my friend Till Mayer interviewed the children and I did my portraits the guns were screaming close to the refugee camp. The paralyzed children talked about their escape, their parents they lost and didn't know where they are and if they still were alive. They talked about their future, what profession they wanted to take up. They talked about their dreams in life.

Today I often find myself thinking about these children. What happened to them in the past years?

So I decided to make my blog a (BLOG) RED. For every assignment I do I donate money to The Global Fund. To help with my work not only to pay my life, but to also make somebody else's life a little bit better.

That's my commitment. What's yours? Please write a comment.

No comments: